Saturday, February 9, 2008

'...AND WORK ENDS'.

At the close of work, I decided I wasn't going to remain lost in cyberspace anymore- I had to find myself, Jeez! Now I agree with the school of thought which pose the internet as an international 'distracter'. God! Two months and I can't account for spent!
My boss wasn't in but of course things didn't go amiss; Friday round-table held as usual but lasted longer than expected-to my annoyance. After it got too dark to leave, i worked my 'Yams' up and down the stairs while the lawyers worked up their 'graey' matters.
Three hours later, a brew of sounds indicated conclusion of the roundtable. Enibabs was on the wheels before her chair even realized she had got up, the ever radiant smile on T2's face was aglow, Kufa- whose voice towered above the rest as usual defeated the eerie silence that had begun enveloping the space. Visions of my house-my room- became tangible 'but talk they must talk'-antenna picked up trails of a half-answered question by Jenifa and Tallest was helping out. I quickly joined in a bid to get Tallest out of it and on to our journey home.

We caught our 'executive danfo' (company bus cum danfo by night) all the way to our bus stops. Home at last! Starting from the door i swung my feet and shot my shoes down the aisle, flung my bag into a basket by the door- on a second thought I picked it up to be later dumped on the bed, threw the loaf of Shoprite bread unto the kitchen counter, opened the louvers and flicked the switches, turned on the TV and finally opened the freezer ...I use the frost level to determine how long NEPA's been nice!
I finally settled to a meal of toast and eggs hugging my coffee mug opposite a DVD show of 'Desperate Housewives' at 12.47am. Hopefully, no midnight calls...

5 comments:

Carlang said...

I can't remember when last you took my advise....

lol.
Hey cuz.
Welcome aboard.
When next i post an article i'll send people clamouring your way.
Till then the fastest way to get people your way is to visit their pages and leave comments.

I'd say leave really great articles on your blog but you've got no problem in that area...

Ms Sula said...

@Carlang, I knew it was a clever ploy to get us to read Uche... but since I trust your judgement, I made the trekk and I am glad I did.

I like the way you write Uche. Can't wait to read more.

Goldfish said...

hmm..(why do i start my comments with that meaningless word?) Uche! You dey find my trouble, abi you don see am?

You good!

I feel you on that trusting people with your work and nothing coming out of it bit. Been there, had it done to me! And that frost-line measure of NEPA? I dey do am too. Sometimes i'm so impressed i don;t even take any cold drink. may be don't want to get used to it, and be disappointed...how come people work so hard in Lagos, complain about the traffic, the enforcement agencies, epileptic (or non-existent) power, street-blocking parties, ear-piercing and annoying sirens, yet...them no go move? Truth is, Lagos too sweet bo! It presents you both sides of the coin - like grudgingly loving a bad child.

Well done! I can almost tell the kinda food you eat, and how you wear your shoes.

Unknown said...

@ ms sula:
u trekked? i swear i sent Gabu(my driver) to pick u!
More is sure comin but...do i write fiction or real life?...tsk,tsk

Unknown said...

@ goldfish:
update on d freezer- i chip it open now- NEPA don try.So wot kinda food do i eat...emmm u don see ur trouble? e b like sey my trouble follow ya own comot...